Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patrick's Day

The kids got up this morning and started playing like it was any other day. About an hour later, I asked them if they had caught a leprechaun. They ran over, I got the camera and they both started squealing with delight. The leprechaun had taken their dollar coin 'bait' and left tons of chocolate.

The leprechaun left green sugar footprints. The box on the left is a fallen trap filled with candy.




Here you can see the stick with the blue pulley and green sugar footprints.







Here's Owen lifting a trap to find more candy.










After all the excitement died down, Owen asked me if he could do some chores for money. He hasn't asked in so long. As a matter of fact, he hasn't even collected his allowance for over a month. I asked him why he wanted to do chores for money. He said he just wanted to hand wash the dishes. I told him he was welcome to do that anytime :-) After he had washed two of the three pots, he decided to take a break. He again asked if he could get paid for his chores. I told him I was not really interested in keeping track of chores, but if he wanted, he could do it himself and I would pay him whatever he thought was fair. So he started making tally marks on a piece of paper. I told him I needed a word at least, so I knew what each chore was. So he started a list with check boxes. He cleaned the dog bowl, but never finished the dishes. I thought it was interesting that he considered setting leprechaun traps a chore!

1 comment:

Stacie said...

Wow, what a worker!