Saturday, March 22, 2008

Birthday dinner, round two

We had a very busy morning and afternoon with soccer practice and getting things done around the house. We headed to my mom's for dinner around 4p. She likes to cook dinner for everyone on their birthday. So tonight we had city chicken, broccoli and cauliflower casserole, fruit salad and ice cream cake.

We went a little early so we could get some card playing in :-) My parents play cards with tons of their friends. We only have one set of friends brave enough to spend a long evening with us playing cards until we all collapse. I must say this is one of my favorite past times. I am so glad we have found friends our own age with whom we can share it. I know E enjoys it too, because every month he asks me when the next card night is. It just makes me so happy to have a great past time that we do together. Most of the time, our recreation is separate because someone has to stay with the kids, but I digress...

As you may have noticed, Bridget tried on my First Communion dress from when I was a child. It's that time of year. My nephew is receiving his First Communion in a few weeks. My mom is very disappointed that Bridget is not. I just don't feel like she is ready. Luckily the dress is still too big. I'm sure she'll be able to wear it next year if she chooses.

No comments: