So, getting back to catching up...
Sunday we took a big step in the Consensual Living direction. Five months ago when we started all this, I agreed to move all the beds to one room. E and the kids have always loved sleeping together. I just never got any sleep. Well, we've been having issues with laundry, so we all agreed that it may help to move Bridget's room to the old school/craft/sewing room and turn her room into a sort of dressing room for me and the kids. Lots of things got shuffled around and our house now looks even less like a mainstream home. I guess if we're gonna do this, we might as well do it all the way.
Monday was more of the cookie stuff. Delivering, returning the costume to Council and finally resting. I spent some quality time with Zoe, lying in the sunshine at the back screen door. The weather was perfect. She had to go to the vet Tuesday, so I wanted to make this day at home very pleasant.
Yesterday we had to get up early to take Zoe to the vet. She is getting old and her kidneys are slowing down. We spent the last month on a modified diet and getting tests to make sure she would be fine for the procedure. She needed a dental because her teeth were very bad. Her breath was smelling foul and I'm sure the bacteria was not helping any of her organs. I'm not usually one for procedures, especially expensive ones on old dogs, but it seemed to really be affecting her health and quality of life. She also had a mass growing on her bottom. It was obviously irritating to her and since it was growing pretty quickly, we decided it would be best to have that removed at the same time. She did very well. She did come home complaining, but after much attention and doting, she settled down and rested comfortably all night. She is doing great now. She is refusing to eat her canned food. The doctor suggested baby food and that is all she will eat now. She is so funny... and stubborn. She definitely has me trained very well.
We also went to the theater to see Robin Hood. Neither of the kids were really very motivated to go, but I arranged to meet some of their friends and they were more excited. In the end, they had a good time.
Today was Girl Scouts. I was talking with Bridget over lunch and I asked her what she wanted to do this afternoon. Then I said, "We have Girl Scouts tonight." Her response was, "uh, oh." I felt so bad. I asked her if she didn't like me on GS days because I was stressed out. She said that was it. I knew it was a problem, but having her immediate response to GS be "uh, oh" spoke volumes to me. I resolved to make a conscious effort to do a better job controlling my stress by planning ahead better.
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment