In reading other's blogs I've been thinking about my title header for my blog. I really wanted something that better describes what I am doing. I got an email today that had this quote in it.
"If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it." ~John Irving
I do feel amazingly lucky to have found a way of life that I love. I am eternally grateful to have found the courage to finally live it. I haven't been able to find the topic Irving was referring to when he made this quote. Knowing him, it was probably in reference to homosexuality or lesbianism, but I'm going to make it refer to my unschooling lifestyle.
I loved A Prayer for Owen Meany. It wasn't until after we had named Owen that I was reminded of this book from my high school days (thanks Melissa!) I got a copy to read while Owen was having his surgery at 2 1/2 mos. I knew we would be sitting in the hospital for hours and I wanted something meaningful to do. Now, if you've ever read the book, this probably sounds a little strange. I just felt like having that in my hand, "A prayer for Owen," would be my support when I felt so helpless. Of course, I didn't actually read any of it while we were waiting. I just looked at the words while my thoughts wandered, but the book and author still hold a very special place in my heart.
I've read lots of quotes on people's blogs and as part of their signature and this is the first one that I think really fits me. I think I will add it to my signature. Now, if I could only find a great picture to go with my quote.
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is a great quote. I feel like I am very close to finding a way of life I love. Almost everything is great. I just struggle with finding a way to homeschool that makes us all happy, and finding balance in my writing and homeschooling.
I also agree that quotes in a header are important. It gives browsers a quick glimpse into the blogger, and may help to keep them reading further.
Post a Comment