Monday, January 28, 2008

The New Consensual Me

This is a continuation of my notes from our trip to Florida.

Sunday Jan 20
We spent all day yesterday relaxing at the pool and condo. E went grocery shopping and planned all the meals he wanted to cook. Having time to cook is his favorite part of vacation.

Today, E's friend Aaron came to visit us. We haven't seen him in two years (the last time we went to FL). My mom was asking E lots of questions about Aaron before he arrived and E recalled that the last time we were in FL, I was not so consensual and allowing of him spending lots of time with Aaron. When he made the comment, it had an undertone that could be described as judgmental. I gently informed him that I am a much different person now. He smiled and agreed. It was great to see how far my relationship with E has grown in trust and understanding in the last four months. I think sometimes we both fall back into our old habits, but I'm really encouraged by the declining frequency of these occurrences.

No comments: