Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Movie Night

My friend Melodie who is teaching our ASL Class had a really good post about our class today, so I thought rather than putting it in my words, I would just put in a link to her blog.

She also has an entry from Monday with a picture of the four kids right before we went to the Drive In Movie that night. We saw National Treasure and Enchanted. The kids were really interested in what parts of the National Treasure movie actually existed. We reviewed the meaning of Historical Fiction as a genre. Then we talked about the assassination of Lincoln, the Civil War, the Gettysburg Address, the position of President of the US, Library of Congress, Statue of Liberty (there are 3!), Paris France, the insecurity of cell phones, London England, the Queen of England, The White House, Oval Office, Mount Vernon, Mount Rushmore, balance scales, the Aztec Indians, water pressure, and gold. They both want to watch the movie again so they can catch all of the things they missed the first time. I'm off to get some books to read about all the topics we discussed.

No comments: