Owen wanted something to do today. I suggested he come up with ten ideas of things to do. Numbers 'one' and 'two' were the old standby parks where we play and number 'three' was a friend that he hasn't seen in quite a while. He thought that was a great idea, so he called and set up a play date. Normally, Bridget and I would go to his friend's house with him and visit with his mom and sister. Today, mom and sister were at gymnastics. Grandma was watching him and he wanted company. As we were driving over, it dawned on Owen that I was leaving him. He wasn't very comfortable with that. I offered to cancel, but I was not able to stay. He decided that he would go alone if I left all of our phone numbers and talked to his friend's grandma about calling us if he wanted to leave early. He's slowly starting to get more comfortable letting go of me...
Bridget and I went to a 'silent dinner'. It is a gathering of deaf people and their friends. It really increased my interest in wanting to learn sign language. Bridget had a good time signing with the other girls that were there as well. After the dinner was over, Bridget arranged a spur of the moment sleepover at Melodie's. I got a call from her at 11:00pm that she missed me and wanted to come home. Maybe she's not quite that ready to let go...
Friday, January 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment