Owen had his first basketball game this morning at 9:00a. He has made it very clear in the past that he does not like to get up early. Well, this morning we had that coupled with, "I don't want to play basketball." He loves basketball when he gets there. He just has a little trouble with the transition.
After basketball, we went to Milford to pick up an entertainment center from another home school family. Well, the kids had to sit next to each other in the van because we took the back seat out. They were miserable to each other, arguing and fighting the entire time, spouting the Consensual Living phrase that worked to their advantage at the time.
E and I had had enough. We decided to call a family meeting when we got home. I explained to the kids that they had taken consensual living principals and twisted them to give them the leeway to do anything. They were not respectful of anyone and it had to stop. I acknowledged that we had switched our lifestyle very suddenly and we still had some more ideas to work out before we returned to a full consensual living lifestyle. Obviously, both kids were angry and devastated. After much discussion, they calmed down and started to understand that this was for the best. I really hope this returns peace to their relationship.
Saturday, January 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment