Monday, January 28, 2008

Another step

My parents gave E and me their season tickets to see Wicked yesterday and volunteered to babysit for us. Afterward, we all had to go to my niece's birthday party. So my parents had my kids from 10:30am to 5p after spending an entire week with them in FL. As sometimes happens, Grandpa got a little upset in the short car ride to the birthday party with the kids at 4p. Well, it put a very bad spin on Bridget's behavior. By the time we arrived to 5p, Bridget was in a testing mood. She was challenging E at every turn. We had picked up the dog from boarding at 4:30 and had her at the party as well. Not an ideal situation.

I noticed Bridget needed attention, so I gave the dog to E and pulled her aside. We talked a little about what was upsetting her and what she wanted to do. she totally turned her attitude right around. Whew. What a relief. I can't believe I successfully helped her deal with her problems outside of the house with someone other than a family member. I'm learning more everyday.

No comments: