Sunday, December 23, 2007

Museum center

My dad and I needed to go down to the museum center today to renew our memberships. They were buy one get one free for the weekend. It is such a great deal. We did it last year too.

Anyway, we decided to take Mark's (my other brother) kids with us. He doesn't have a pass so his kids never get to go down there. Since we were taking the kids, Grandma decided to go with us. Since we had an extra set of hands, we decided to take Mark's oldest who is also autistic. It turned out to be a really great time.

We took the kids up to Tower A to see the railroad switching yard. I've taken them up there before, but each time I think they learn a little more. This time, they noticed a funny looking phone. The man sitting at the desk explained that all phones used to be rotary. He let Bridget call my cell phone to try it out. She noticed right away how difficult it is to dial the number '0'. I'm sure the experience will stay with her for a long time. I just love natural learning.

No comments: