Friday, December 21, 2007

Melodie's

We had the nicest play date today at Melodie's. I met her last fall at a home school egg drop event. She was knitting the coolest socks. I was so jealous. I've always wanted to learn how to knit. I struck up a conversation with her. She was such an interesting person. I was hoping I would see her again.

A couple months ago I was looking for a sign language class and was told that Melodie was starting a new class at her home. I was so excited. This was my opportunity to take sign language and get to know Melodie better. The class is so much fun. We play sign-o (instead of bingo) and go fish with special cards that Melodie designed to cover the topic of the day.

My kids love playing with her kiddos. I personally love spending time with someone who I think 'does' respectful parenting really well. I really admire the way she is with her two year old. I took a lasagna over to share for lunch and all the kids just played. I learned so much just observing her interactions with her children :-) She is so kind and respectful to her children. I was amazed how she handles her oldest teenager. I hope I am that patient, trusting, allowing and kind when my kids are teenagers.

I'm really looking forward to spending more time with Melodie and her family. They are just so enjoyable to be around.

No comments: