
Christmas Eve is the big celebration in our house. Santa comes early enough that we get to open our presents before bed. E's parents, sister and grandmother always spend Christmas Eve with us, so E likes to make a big gourmet meal and lots of desserts. This year he and the kids made decorated cookies, creme brulee for santa, and a chocolate yule log. E was very proud of his log. It was the joke and delicacy of the evening.
After dinner, Mamie and Pawpaw went outside for a cigarette. Owen took everyone upstairs to show off his Gamecube and Santa arrived while I was doing the dishes. I got a video camera early from my mom for Christmas, so I video taped most of the main event. Of course the kids had a good time. When everything was over, our doubting Bridget declared that she was mad at Santa because she didn't get Hannah Montana tickets.
No comments:
Post a Comment