I took Bridget's Girl Scout troop to the Art Museum today for their family holiday weekend. We chose to do the scavenger hunt. I was really impressed. We got to meet eight local artists, see their work up close, ask questions, and collect puzzle pieces for a souvenir. The artists were great. They were so patient and informative. The hunt took us through various galleries at the museum and we saw a triptych! I was so excited. I felt like a kid. I even made E take Owen back to see it at the end. It was gorgeous and huge. Much bigger than I expected. I can't imagine how that could have been portable in the middle ages.
We also saw a ballet-like performance of The Velveteen Rabbit done by a children's ballet school. The girls loved it. The thirty minute performance with narration was just their speed. They asked to go see the Nutcracker. It is a two hour performance. I took them to see a one hour rendition of High School Musical at the Children's Theater and they could hardly sit still. I can't imagine two hours at the ballet just yet.
What was Owen doing during all this? Apparently, consensual daddy took him for a hike outside, a drink at the local Skyline, and some music in the car. He did see the triptych, so I guess it was not a total loss. I'm so happy for E. He allowed O to lead the day and had a great time with him. Way to let go, honey.
Sunday, December 2, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment