We had some friends over today for a play date. Bridget was anxious to impress her new eleven year old friend. She suggested they play Easybake oven. Well, anyone who has ever used one, knows that if you start with powdered food you get something that tastes like powder. While they were mixing and baking, Madelyn's mom was talking about her business making dog biscuits. She bakes tons of them and sells them at craft shows. She mentioned she is always looking to hire helpers. This made Bridget really self conscious about her baking. Everyone politely tasted her cookies, but when Madelyn's seven year old brother said he didn't like them, Bridget was really embarrassed. After they left, Bridget exploded into tears. I felt so bad for her. I tried to reassure her that Madelyn did not judge her baking skills on the easybake cookies, but she didn't want to hear it. After she calmed down, she decided to bake a treat to share at the next play date.
On a different note, I just have to share... I took the kids to my hour long massage therapy appointment today. I asked them if they would go and did what I could to accommodate their entertainment requests. They were perfect. It was just amazing. I am beginning to love my relationship with my kids more and more every day.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment