Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Holidayfest

We went to the water park today for their Holidayfest. Very soon after arriving the kids remembered going last year and were eager to hit the ice rink. Well, it had been snowing all morning and the rink was covered with a thin layer of snow. Employees were shoveling the snow into banks along the edge of the rink. As they were getting onto the ice, we saw a new friend from sign language class. He was skating into the banks of snow and throwing himself on top of them. The kids immediately joined it. They had a blast. It was great to see Owen bonding with L. They are the only two boys in the sign language class and Owen had been a little too shy to hangout up until then.

Tonight was Owen's first basketball practice. His coach was great, his teammates were great, and his skills have improved from last season. I'm looking forward to seeing him enjoy basketball for a change. :-)

Bridget and I had our usual horn locking again this evening over scouts. She hates it when I have to spend the day planning for a meeting. I saw the meltdown coming and sat her down. I told her I understood she was angry that I could not give her my attention. I reassured her I loved scouts with her and anytime she wanted to quit, I would stop. I explained that I needed to prepare and was not 'choosing scouts over her'. She really seemed to understand. I could see the jealousy dissipate. Then she said, "What can I do to help?" What a relief for me. I'm finally starting to see some really remarkable results when I respect and trust her.

No comments: