Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Tomorrow he mourns...

Well, the day has arrived. My friend is coming to pick up her Wii tonight. Owen is feverishly playing all that he can, for tomorrow he mourns.

Last night, Owen woke up in the middle of the night from a bad dream. He started asking me all about poison and how it kills people. After our discussion, he said he was afraid to go back to sleep. I told him to think about something wonderful. He replied, "Like what?" I said, "How about playing Wii?" Here it comes... "that's getting a little boring." WHAT? I chuckled. I'm sure it is just that playing Wii is more fun than dreaming about playing Wii because now, as he is playing, he's having a blast.
So much for that unschooling conference. Now, he wants to spend our first $250 on a Wii.

On a less traumatic note, we went to go babysit at a friend's this morning. The kids were so cute. My friend has a huge playpen thing to help keep baby toys separate. Wouldn't you know my kids spent most of their time inside the playpen with the baby... or without the baby. It was just fun to be in the pen.

1 comment:

Stacie said...

I think I'd like to get a Wii sometime. I never even seen one played in real life, but have heard amazing things about them!