Next, we went to 'Architecture Games' at Melodie's. The kids learned about design space.
Finally, we headed to Dairy Queen to get some ice cream for snack. Both kids asked for cookie dough flurries. I like to save money by ordering a large flurry (since the kids both want the same flavor) and splitting it into another cup. Well, Bridget came up to the counter and was not happy about the arrangement. She was starting to get a little sassy ("you never get me what I want"). I was confused. "Didn't you want a cookie dough flurry?"
"I wanted a medium all to myself." I told her how much that would cost. Then, told her if she really needed that I would buy it for her and split the large with Owen myself. She decided it was fine. She took the cup and happily went to eat. The woman behind the counter (maybe 40ish and obviously a mother) said, "I just want to come give you a hug. You handled that so well." I know I blushed... and beamed with pride in my new respectful parenting way.
No comments:
Post a Comment