Sunday, November 25, 2007

Still unschooling and gathering

We got a great night's sleep last night since we were so exhausted from the conference the day before. We actually got up early enough to go to the free breakfast. It was a quite a disappointment. The kids asked if we could go to Atlanta Bread tomorrow.

We dropped E off at the airport to get his rental car to drive home. It was really hard for me to keep from crying. We had such a great weekend. We had really gotten some great ideas and renewed our efforts in unschooling. It was so hard to see him go. I just had to focus on the day ahead.

We went to Ren's in the afternoon and stayed all day and night. The kids had such a great time. It was amazing to see a home full of three families just living for the day. Bridget got to climb a tree. Owen played on the trampoline. I got to talk more about unschooling. We all had such an amazing day. The kids were crying when it was time to go. We left around midnight, so part of their crying was probably exhaustion. I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I think the kids felt very renewed as well.

No comments: