I'm starting to take a more active role in facilitating my kids' learning. I started with the obvious. I asked them if there was anything they were interested in learning about. Owen, of course, said nothing. Bridget, however, said she wanted to learn how people draw things that look real. So me, being the awesome facilitator that I am, signed her up for art classes. Well, she loves them. Her first picture was really good. She did a still life of vegetables and you can actually tell what vegetables they are supposed to be. It's kind of hard to see in the photo. The green pepper has a little brown on the stem. The onion peel is faded into the colors. All the vegetables have highlights. In the past, drawing has always frustrated her. She came out of that class with the biggest smile. Whatever they did in that room, they did good.We've also wanted to take sign language classes for quite some time and we finally found one. She is sooo excited about those too. She did very well reviewing her alphabet, finger spelling words, 'reading' finger spelling and learning signs for relatives. She has really gotten excited about learning. She still keeps answering 'yes' to every suggestion I make and she is participating in every event 100%. I even answered a load of questions in the chiropractor's office about joints. The doctor was very gracious to let us examine the skeleton for as long as she wanted while Owen played in the lobby. She has really turned into quite the sponge. Her favorite website of late is cosmeo. She is playing all the brain games. She even tried programming the 'robots' today. It's very reassuring to have at least one kid interested in learning. I just hope it is contagious!
No comments:
Post a Comment