Tuesday, November 6, 2007
One step at a time?
I haven't been inspired to post lately. Part of the reason is that we have been very busy, but I think the primary reason is we've had some crummy days. The kids have been choosing to stay up later that E and I. They have only been getting 8 hours of sleep and have been arguing nonstop. I'm not feeling particularly consensual. I know they will eventually get tired and go to bed at a decent hour, but I'm having a really hard time waiting. I'm really committed to letting them go to bed when they want. I know this is just another transition period. Owen has expressed on multiple occasions that that it has been too many changes at the same time to change our learning style, free food choices, free bedtime, free television and video game time, and no more chores. He even told me that he is afraid to win the lottery (he's been talking about winning the lottery since August) because he is afraid our life would change too fast. I just keep telling myself that any change is stressful... even good changes. Maybe I should have taken this whole thing one step at a time?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment