Wow, was that ever frustrating for me. I just want to scream. He just doesn't get it. I came up with this great example. We were in the car when this discussion happened so I wasn't really looking at him. I told him that books and teachers were a quick way to learn what someone else has already figured out. I asked, "If you asked me a question and I answered it with a word you did not understand, what would you do?" He didn't answer me. I looked in the back seat and he was holding his ears. So I just dropped the subject. I really want to trust and not worry, but I'm running out of patience.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Work with me here
So I had a pang of worry today and tried to get schooly. I set them up with assignments and asked them to pick a book that we could read together. It didn't go well. Owen has this idea in his head that everything he needs to know, he can figure out all by himself. By that, he means, he doesn't need books, the internet or teachers. He wants to discover all the curiosities of life by personal experimentation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment