
I had a ton of weeding to do in the back yard in preparation for the kids' birthday parties. Lucky for me a friend loaned me this:
It seems so simple, yet it is so powerful. That little end is a double sided blade that cuts right into weeds and pulls them out, root and all. Amazing. It even pulled out tap roots!

So I needed to tackle this:
Pretty bad, huh? The first thing I had to do was find and dig up the forgotten carrots. Owen was very eager to help harvest. He dug these up.

He wants to save and freeze them. Next year he wants to have a garden so big that we can harvest enough to survive for a winter :-) I love his big ideas. Unfortunately, he is like is daddy in that he doesn't like working in the yard much. I'm beginning to feel like the little red hen. My little chicks only want to help out when it comes to eating.

After the carrots were safely cleared out, I went to town with the new tool. My flower bed turned into this in about 30 minutes.
There's hope for me and this garden yet.
No comments:
Post a Comment