Sunday, July 27, 2008

Taming the paper

I've made it obvious in the past how much I hate paperwork. Well, in all our post-buying bliss E and I have been talking about what is holding us back. We are still struggling with a few things in our lives. Everyone wants a clean house, but ours is disorganized and we just can't seem to get it together. We both also want to start eating healthier, local food.

Today we took the first steps. We bought a new filing cabinet. I had no trouble keeping paperwork organized before we had the kids. Even after the kids came along I could keep up with everything. When we moved to this house everything fell apart. The move was done over the course of several weeks and I had pneumonia at the time. Also, homeschooling began and life just got too hectic. The kids are at camp all this week and all I have is two therapy appointments, so I am hoping to take a huge bite out of our mound of paperwork.

Here's my new filing cabinet and some of the mess I need to tackle.














These pictures remind me of my house after Christmas. Even though the paperwork seems really overwhelming right now, I have high hopes. I'm pretty inspired by my recent manifestations and really want to keep the ball rolling.

No comments: