Saturday, July 26, 2008

OT: Attracting my car and computer

Last November I had a post about attracting things into my life. I just now went back to read it for the first time in a long time. It made me smile how amazing things are now. Back then I really did not see any way for me to afford a new computer or car, but I was very hopeful.

Thursday while the kids were at camp, I decided to mosey on over to the bank and see if I could get pre-approved for a car loan. Just as I had envisioned, it was amazingly simple. With this success under my belt, I decided to peruse the computers at the Apple store. I found a great computer that fit all my needs for far less than I thought I would need to spend. It turns out I really didn't need the Mac Book Pro. The Mac Book is awesome.

Yesterday, the kids were at camp and E was off work, so we went over and bought a new Mac Book! They were also giving away free ipod touches and printers after rebate. I also got $266 in educator discounts! YAY!! Here's me with my loot and my trusty companion.


After dropping the computer off at home, we headed over to the car dealership. I was there in the spring to test drive. At the time I still couldn't see how we would ever be able to afford a new car. Well, today we signed a contract for one on the lot. It was so much fun! We took the car to my mom's to give it the thorough once over. On our drive back to the dealership we were discussing how we really didn't have any leverage to negotiate a better deal since they had exactly what I asked for on the lot. What is the luck in that? We tried to justify that there isn't really very much room to negotiate on new cars anyway. Well, as we were sitting there talking to the salesman (who was incredibly nice and not the least bit pushy) I asked him whether we should wait until the end of the month when the current incentive expired to see if Aug brought a better deal. That's when I realized we had a very powerful negotiating tool. Time. That's when he revealed the invoice for the car and commented that it would be an extra $2100 off the MSRP we had been considering. We get it next week after I am done getting all the loan and insurance paperwork in order. YEE HAW!!!

I can't believe it! It gives me the shivers how incredibly flawless and simple it all was. I just spontaneously decided Thursday to go to the bank and everything else fell into place. I was completely unprepared, but it all worked out perfectly.

No comments: