I got a call from the bank this morning regarding my car loan. The loan officer called to let me know that she had been looking into a discount that I had inquired about last Saturday and I was not eligible. To make a long story short, I decided to look into another institution for my lending needs and low and behold the first loan officer found a deal in her boss's office that I could not refuse.
Then, my mom called. She had gotten a notice in the mail that some rewards from an old credit card were about to expire. The reward was $400 cash back on the purchase of a new vehicle. She offered to put me on the account and let me collect the check! So my car just got another $400 cheaper. I just can't believe it.
Around 5:30, I picked up some pizza and met my brother, nephew and my kids at the pool. Well, as I was walking in, there was quite a commotion. Apparently my daughter had been swimming in the pool and found a feminine hygiene product with a long white string at the bottom of the pool. She had no idea what it was. She pointed it out to an adult at the side of the pool who promptly notified the lifeguards. The pool was immediately closed. Bridget was so very confused. So I had to have a talk with her and explain what she found and why they closed the pool. Owen, of course could not resist a juicy conversation. I tried to explain everything in very simple terms, but ultimately they were both really grossed out.
I must say, I really like having all these 'private' conversations over the course of a few years to help ease me into The Big Talk. We had a discussion a year or so ago about where exactly a baby comes out. Thankfully, they didn't need anymore than the 'girls have extra parts' explanation. This time, just the mention of blood was enough. No additional questions necessary. Whew. Maybe I'll make it through my kids' puberty years after all.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment