Saturday, July 19, 2008

July?

Where did July go? We had an awesome 4th of July weekend. Then we spent the 7-11th at therapy appointments, swim meets, and packing. We spent the past week in Myrtle Beach with my parents (lots of sand and swimming). Tomorrow, Bridget and I leave for 4 days at Girl Scout camp. Whew!

Just a quick note from Myrtle Beach. One night, the kids were walking on the beach with Grandpa and a stranger came up and gave them a 'sand flea'. Well, the first thing the kids wanted to do was go to the internet and find out what they got. We figured out it was a mole crab. They are mollusks that live for 2-3 years and eat plankton. The kids were thrilled that they could find out so much about something mysterious they had in their hand. Well, we had planned to return it to the ocean the next morning, but it died before we could get it back. The kids felt pretty bad for it. I'm not sure we will try to keep a wild animal for a pet again any time soon.

Ok, new topic, as I catch up on everything. I can finally, really type! My wrist is doing so much better this week. One of the people we travel with was gently encouraging me to do my hand exercises all week. Now, I feel great! Still having some problems with the bone that wasn't fixed, but I'm starting to feel like a whole person again :-)

Well, I'm off to camp in the morning. I'll can't wait to get back and blog all about it. Yay!

No comments: