Saturday, October 20, 2007

Going Paperless

You must forgive me. This is all new to me. I can't help but post everyday. I've tried so many times to keep a journal, but I never make it past the first day. Ironically, I don't picture anyone actually reading my blog (since I haven't told anyone I know about it and I have not 'advertised' it in any way.) Just the thought of having it on the internet in case I want to share, makes it worth writing. My hope is to use this to log my children's self-led learning. I would love to have a momento of how they are changing and all that they have learned.

Writing this blog the last three days made me realize that I am not a paper person. Don't get me wrong, there is nothing like curling up in my favorite chair with a good book, fiction or non. I just have a horrible time with paperwork. I always knew I hated paperwork/bills/worksheets/school papers but I never realized how much I disliked all forms of paper... Schedules for kids, sports rosters, notes, lists, bills, coupons, newspapers, magazines, membership cards, pictures, benefits summaries, insurance policies, titles, marriage certificates, deeds, wrapping paper, construction paper, art projects, investment plan reports, proxy vote papers, envelopes, coloring books... I think I could go on forever. What do you do with all these things? We have filing cabinets, book shelves, drawers and 'in boxes' to try to keep all this stuff organized and at the tip of our fingers. We have paper cutters, hole punches, binders and more. It is just such a chore. When the world goes paperless (except for books) my life will be perfect. Wait, my new mindset is supposed to be that my life is perfect right now. If I see it that way, my life will keep getting closer to perfect. I envision a paperless world where trees abound... my life is perfect.

No comments: