Thursday, September 4, 2008

Vacation at home

The kids and E left for vacation today. I didn't. E and I both agreed that it would be a great opportunity for me to get things done around the house, have some time alone (or with friends) and focus on my hand therapy.

It was kind of a bumpy start. I was up most of the night trying to get stuff ready, so I didn't get much sleep. I woke up at about 5 am with E in the bathroom sick. I tried to go back to sleep, but the alarm was scheduled to go off at 5:30 anyway. My parents were coming to our house to ride with E and the kids. So I called my mom to let her know that E was sick and they chose to go on without him.

All the commotion woke the kids and they were quite unnerved by having to sit around and not leave on vacation. I think it was just the anxiety of not knowing when they were going to leave.

I had hand therapy at 10:30a, so I left the kids at home with a sleeping E. After therapy, I called and asked if he wanted me to bring him anything. I got some gatorade, and pepto. After a few more hours of trying to entertain the kids on my four hours of sleep, E decided he would like to try a different med. I went to the store again. He was feeling better and finally got on the road around 2p.

So what did I do with my first hours of freedom? Sleep. Now I'm sitting here with a headache and very sad that my first day is over. This is not what I had planned. I'm surprisingly calm. I feel at peace with the fact that there is no need for feelings of scarcity. I have a whole week ahead of me.

No comments: