Today was the first day of 'Farm' class for Owen. Two of his friends spent their Wednesdays last year going to this farm and spending their days enjoying nature and working in the garden. When we arrived, Bridget instantly regretted her decision not to sign up for the class. In all honesty, if both of them had wanted to sign up, I would not have done the class because it is too expensive to be able to afford it for two children. Anyway, I nonchalantly inquired about the capacity of the class. The director informed me that they had accepted two additional children than last year, so it was going to be a little tight this year.
Bridget was obviously disappointed that she was not staying for the day. I was talking to another mother and commented as such. A few minutes later, the director came up to me and asked me if Bridget would like to stay. I was really caught off guard. I asked her. Of course, she said yes. I never for a second thought to ask Owen, since this class was really the first thing he wanted to do on his own with his friends. Bridget didn't know anyone there except Owen's friends. I must admit, I was a little too overwhelmed at the time to think about the fact that I really did not want to spend all that money.
So here I was, committed. I'm sure she is going to love the class, but I am very disappointed that we are losing our scheduled mother-daughter alone time.
When the kids came home, this is what they said they did.
Starting song, names, leaf rubbings, playtime in the woods, lunch, apple and berry picking, swimming, taste honey and apples (they were warm), pond, butterflies, dragonflies, nature observation. hmmmmmm. I guess what matters is that they love it.
Wednesday, September 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment