I've missed out on a lot of my kids' joys and discoveries this week. My dad went in for surgery on Monday. Things got complicated. I've spent most of the week with my mother, caring for her. So she can care for my dad. The kids spent several days with E and another with a friend. I wish I had pictures and stories of their wonderful discoveries this week, but I'm sure they will discover plenty more next week.
The one truly amazing thing that came out of this week is that I again took a very close look at my priorities. The kids and I talked briefly a few times about how this entire experience reinforced our convictions that family always comes first. That reexamination has helped me make some really big decisions in my life that were weighing heavily on my mind. I know this all seems very vague. I just needed to document the good that came out of this week. I was given time to reflect. It turned out to be just the invaluable gift I needed.
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment